Sunday 13 July 2014

my first week at ITV

In my first post I said how I never did anything unless I had to and I felt bad about that because I was being pretty lazy etc etc. Well blogging is one thing that I wanted to start doing that I didn’t really have to do, and getting work experience was the other, which I did sort of need to do, but it wasn’t required by uni or anything.

Anyway a few weeks ago I was lucky enough to go up to the ITV studios in London for some work experience. I'd done a day about two weeks before that and they invited me back for the whole week. It was working on a show called Surprise Surprise, it used to be hosted by Cilla Black (if you don't know who she is, google her, what a doll) but now it's been re-vamped and is hosted by Holly Willoubooby (Willoughby) and Dave Berry. The basic idea is that the public nominate people that they think are deserving to receive a big surprise. These people could be charity workers, cancer survivors/sufferers, child carers, anyone really, just really great and deserving people. The show then sets up a big surprise for them, it could be a Holiday, meeting their favourite celebrity etc etc. It's a pretty great show. 


(Olly Murs on Surprise Surprise)

Anyway, I was able to spend a week in the office of this show, working with them doing research and uploading profiles and lots of other bits. I got shown around the whole of the ITV studios, watched a few shows being filmed and was even part of a surprise flash mob, with a very cool celebrity guest. Very secret though, can't tell you who it was until the episode airs in October. It was so much fun though, I had to dance about (and I can't really dance, I'm very un-coordinated) so I'm going to look like a right plonker on TV, which is great! But it was so great spending the week there, getting to know everyone in the office and having lunch up on the roof with a great view over south bank and just being part of the whole TV world for a week. Its not as glamorous as you might think, but it's defiantly the type of job I want after I finish uni. I loved it. I’m going back for a two week work placement as well on a different show, I’ll make a post about that as well.































my pass to get into the studios! follow me on instagram for more of my shenanigans, aliceisanorman.

If anyone wants any advice on how to get work experience or any questions just drop me a comment. 

Cool, bye.


No comments:

Post a Comment